Breaking News

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Meet Tippi, the Wild Child Who Grew Up in the Bushes of Africa

PHOTOS: Meet Tippi, the Wild Child Who Grew Up in the Bushes of Africa

Tippi Degre is a little girl with really exceptional parents, wildlife photographers and filmmakers, who let her roam as free as the animals of the Serengeti.


Her parents moved from their native France to Namibia, Africa so they could photograph that region. When they had Tippi, they decided to raise her there in nature, so she could peacefully co-exist with the elephants, snakes, cheetahs and other wild animals.

Tippi spent most of her time searching widely for food or provisions in the bush with the other San people. She played with toads and enjoyed rides on the backs and trunks of elephants. She wasn’t playing with toys and video games as other kids of her age usually do.

Tippi now lives in Paris, France and her life is completely different these days. She even has her own book called Tippi: My Book of Africa.

This book, with it’s incredible photographs taken by her parents, takes the reader on Tippi’s journey into Africa. And it is Tippi who tells her unforgettable story on her return from Africa to France at the age of ten.
She reveals in this book that she is no ordinary child. She believes that she has the gift of talking to animals and that they are like brothers to her. In the book you meet her other family: Leon the Chameleon, Abu the elephant whom she calls ‘my brother’, and leopards, snakes, baboons, lions and ostriches. In the book Tippi says:
“I speak to animals with my mind, or through my eyes, my heart or my soul, and I see that they understand and answer me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment